Monica L Collins is bar manager at Chez Georges Bistro & Bar in Hilton Head Island, SC.
For the Perdu dans la forêt (Lost in the forest) cocktail, I chose Barr Hill Gin, made in Vermont, because they are the only active distillery that cultivates honey from their bees and uses it in their gin. It gives the gin a smoother, sweeter finish.
I love Zirbenz stone pine liqueur; it’s a beautiful color and a unique spirit made from the fruits of pine trees from the Austrian Alps. It’s conversation spirit and delicious.
For the syrup, I take a bottle passion fruit syrup made by Liber & Co. and add a whole split vanilla bean. Add your favorite Brut sparkling and you have a beautiful rift on a French 75.
Perdu dans la Forêt
- 1 ¾ oz. Barr Hill Gin
- 1 oz. Zirbenz stone pine liqueur
- ¾ oz. Passion fruit vanilla syrup
- Top with Brut sparkling wine
- Combine ingredients (except wine) in a tin.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into Champagne flute.
- Top with Brut sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.