Alicia Russell is lead bartender at Panzano in Denver, CO.
As the temperatures drop here in Denver, It’s that time of year again to get excited about all of the seasonal drinks and foods again! This month, I’m drinking the Buona Notte Espresso martini off of Panzano’s new fall/winter cocktail menu.
Inspired by my favorite little gold-wrapped candy, it features both chocolate and hazelnut flavor notes. I started with fresh espresso and Tito’s vodka, to which I’ve added Frangelico hazelnut liqueur, Mozart’s dark chocolate liqueur and demerara simple syrup. Packed with dessert flavor and not overly sweet, this is sure to be a favorite seasonal treat!
Buona Notte Martini
- 1 oz. Fresh espresso
- 1 oz. Tito’s vodka
- ¾ oz. Mozart dark chocolate liqueur
- ¾ oz. Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- ¼ oz. Demerara simple syrup
- Espresso bean garnish
- Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
- Shake for 15-20 seconds until thoroughly chilled and frothy.
- Pour into chilled coupe glass.
- Top with a couple espresso beans.