National Hot Toddy Day falls on Jan. 11, but it’s always a good idea to have some hot cocktails on offer for frigid, damp or gloomy winter days. Here are seven that we like for 2021.
Hot Peach Toddy
- 2 oz. Ketel One Botanical Peach & Orange Blossom vodka
- 1 Peach teabag
- 1 Large lemon wedge
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 dash Orange bitters
- 4-5 oz. Hot water
- Add vodka, bitters, teabag, cinnamon stick and honey to a mug.
- Top with hot water and stir to dissolve honey.
- Let sit for 3 minutes, then remove teabag.
- Squeeze large lemon wedge into mug and discard. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
The mixologists at Ketel One created this recipe.
- 2 oz. Village Bourbon
- 1 oz. Montenegro Amaro
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Maple syrup
- Dash of Regan’s Orange bitters
- 4 oz. Hot water
- In a mug, add all ingredients and stir.
- Garnish with orange peel, star anise and cinnamon stick.
Alexander von Pfeiffer of Village Garage Distillery created this recipe.
Silver Hot Toddy
- 1 ½ oz. Nolet’s Silver gin
- ¾ oz. Fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1 oz. Honey
- 2 oz. Hot water
- Combine hot water, honey and citrus in a mug or glass.
- Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add gin and garnish with any combination of cinnamon stick, citrus peel, star anise, ginger, cloves or dried fruits.
The mixologists at Nolet’s created this recipe.
Montenegro Hot Toddy
- 1 oz. Amaro Montenegro
- 1 oz. Old Forester bourbon
- ¼ oz. Laird's apple brandy
- ½ oz. Lustau East India Solera sherry
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 2 oz. Water
- ¼ oz. Cinnamon syrup
- ¼ oz. Lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients excluding cinnamon syrup and lemon juice.
- Heat to near boiling.
- In a mug, add the cinnamon syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour heated mixture into the mug.
- Top with a tiny dollop of whipped cream, an orange star and shave fresh nutmeg over top.
Harry McNamara beverage of Urban Cowboy Lodge in Big Indian, NY, created this recipe.
Ginger Rum Toddy
- ¾ oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 ¼ oz. Aged rum
- ¼ oz. Allspice Dram
- 2 bags Ginger tea
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- Steep tea bags in hot water.
- Remove tea bags, add rest of ingredients and stir.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, clove and lemon wheel.
The mixologists at St. Germain created this recipe.
Zesty Hot Toddy
- 1 bottle Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Dry Riesling
- 2 tsp. Brandy
- ½ tsp. Ground cardamom
- 1 Lemon halved
- 2 Bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients except for the lemon in a medium saucepan.
- Squeeze lemon halves into the mixture and add the rinds.
- Bring to a gentle boil then reduce heat to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain and divide.
- Garnish with lemon rind.
The mixologists at Chateau Ste. Michelle created this recipe.