This Manhattan recipe from the folks at Carandini adds a touch of balsamic vinegar.
Modena in Manhattan
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- ¾ oz. Good Italian sweet vermouth
- ¼ oz. Carandini Emilio balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 2 dashes Whiskey barrel-aged bitters
- In a small saucepan over heat, reduce a small amount of the vinegar until syrupy.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Pour onto a plate creating a flat layer.
- Dip the rim of your coupe glass in the vinegar reduction and set aside.
- Add the bourbon, vermouth, balsamic vinegar and bitters into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until chilled.
- Strain into your coupe glass.