Kevin Beary is beverage director of Three Dots and a Dash and The Bamboo Room in Chicago.
As we crest into the spring season, it is always exciting to start enjoying summer flavors like honeydew melon. The Money Melon cocktail is served at The Bamboo Room rum bar within Three Dots and a Dash. We very much enjoyed pairing some nonconventional spirits together — blanco tequila, shochu and fresh cane-juice rum — with some very tropical flavors.
- 1 ¾ oz. Arrete blanco tequila
- ¼ oz. The Renegade Winery Pink Crush
- ½ oz. Shochu
- 2 ½ oz. Melon batch
- ¾ oz. Lime
- ½ oz. Tangerine
- 1 oz. Pineapple
- 1 oz. Almond orgeat
- 1 ½ oz. Honeydew melon
- Combine ingredients with 16 oz. of crushed ice.
- Shake well, and pour without straining into tropical mug.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and frond.
Kevin Beary, beverage director of Three Dots and a Dash and The Bamboo Room in Chicago, created this recipe.