Thanksgiving is here again and it’s time to be thankful and grateful and raise a glass to all that’s good. The entire week marks a time for people to get together with friends and family at home or at a restaurant and enjoy a cocktail. We’re partial to the drinks that celebrate the unique flavors of the fall season. Here are seven that we like this year. (And if you need more inspiration, here’s our holiday roundup from 2020.)
Rocky Mountain Toddy
- 2 oz. Stranahan’s Original whiskey
- 6 oz. Hot brewed chamomile tea
- Honey to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Angostura bitters
- Combine whiskey and brewed chamomile tea in a glass mug.
- Add in honey to taste.
- Top with a dash of Angostura bitters and stir. Garnish with a clove-studded lemon wheel.
Autumn Apple Snap
- 1 ½ parts Hendrick’s gin
- ¾ part Lemon juice
- ¾ part Apple juice or apple cider
- Top with ginger beer
- Combine all ingredients in a highball glass filled with cubed ice.
- Lightly churn to mix.
- Garnish with apple slices and grated nutmeg.
- 2 oz. Dewar’s 12 Scotch
- 1 oz. Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. Simple syrup
- ½ oz. Peach liqueur
- Pinch of Mint
- Add all ingredients to a mixing tin over ice.
- Shake and strain over ice in a double Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
- 1 ½ oz. Belvedere vodka
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ½ oz. Spiced cranberry shrub
- ¼ oz. Apple liqueur
- 1 tsp. Thyme liqueur
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Add all ingredients except for lambrusco into a small tin.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain back into the small tin and add lambrusco.
- Pour over fresh ice in highball glass.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig, lemon twist, cranberry fruit roll up, grated nutmeg.
Thanks for the Rum, Holiday Punch
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 6 Whole cloves
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups Apple cider
- 1 cup Cranberry pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup Koloa spice rum
- 1 can Ginger ale
- Combine honey, cloves, cinnamon sticks and ½ cup of cider in a small saucepan over medium.
- Cook, stirring often until honey is dissolved and mixture fragrant with spices (about seven minutes).
- Remove from heat, cool and steep 15 minutes.
- Discard cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Combine spiced cider mixture, cranberry pomegranate juice, spice rum, ginger ale and remaining apple cider in a large punch bowl.
- Garnish with sliced apples, oranges, pomegranate seeds and a rosemary sprig and serve over ice.
- 1 ½ parts D'Ussé VSOP Cognac
- ¾ part Orange Curaçao
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 Orange wedge
- 2 Fresh strawberries
- In a shaker, muddle lemon, lime, orange and strawberries.
- Then add orange Curaçao, ice and Cognac.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a crushed ice-filled rocks glass.
Pom + Ginger
- 2 oz. 1800 Cristalino tequila
- ¾ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. Ginger syrup
- ½ oz. Pomegranate juice
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a starfruit.