Labor Day weekend may be the official end of summer, but that’s no reason to mope. Send off the season with a specialty cocktail or two on your list. Here are seven drink recipes we love that don’t require too much labor and will help ease the transition into the early fall.
Texas White Peach Sangria
- 2 Jalapeno sliced ⅛”-¼”
- 1 oz. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz. Giffard Peche liqueur
- 1 oz. Fiorente elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz. Crop Meyer lemon vodka
- 1 oz. Matteo pinot grigio
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into a Collins glass with ice.
- Garnish with a flower.
KC Matchpoint Margarita Punch
- 1 Large navel orange thinly sliced
- 2 Lemons thinly sliced
- 2 Limes thinly sliced
- 4 Large mint sprigs
- 1 Bottle Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc
- Juice of 2 large limes about ¼ cup
- ½ cup Blanco tequila
- ⅓ cup Orange liqueur
- 2 12-oz. Cans lime-flavored club soda
- Add the orange, lemon, and lime slices and mint sprigs to a large pitcher.
- Muddle using a large wooden spoon.
- Stir in wine, lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Fill 6 to 8 glasses with ice and divide the sangria and fruit between them, leaving room for about an inch of club soda.
- Top each glass off with lime club soda and stir .
- 1 ½ oz. Don Papa 7 rum
- 2 ½ oz. Fresh dragon fruit puréed
- ½ oz. Almond orgeat
- ⅓ oz. Yuzu juice
- ⅓ oz. Blue Curaçao
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker without ice.
- Shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Pour into a glass filled with pebble ice, adding more to create a crown over the glass.
- Garnish with a wheel of fresh dragon fruit and sprinkle with crushed, freeze-dried raspberry.
The Pink Flamingo
- 2 oz. Martini & Rossi Fiero
- 1 oz. Tequila
- 2 oz. Whispering Angel rosé
- ½ oz. Agave
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- 4 oz. Watermelon juice
- 3 oz. Acqua Panna water
- ⅓ oz. Saline
- Place all ingredients in a cocktail mixer and stir gently. Serve over crushed ice in a tumbler and adorn with flamingo accoutrements if desired. (This recipe can also be batched and blended with ice in a blender for a slushy style consistency.)
Citrus Bomba Gin & Tonic
- 1 ½ oz. Fords gin
- ¼ oz. Italicus liqueur
- barspoon Suze
- barspoon Grapefruit oleo saccharum
- barspoon Lemon juice
- dash Lemon bitters
- Fill wine glass with ice.
- Add all ingredients.
- Top with Q tonic and stir.
- Garnish with 1 lemon wheel, 1 lime wheel and 1 orange wheel.
- 1 ½ oz. Tequila Don Julio Primavera
- ½ oz. White tea
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Saffron syrup
- 1 oz. Topo Chico sparkling water
- Add all ingredients except sparkling to a shaker tin.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into glass and top with Topo Chico.
- 1 ½ oz. Recuerdo Mezcal Joven
- 2 ½ oz. Mango nectar
- ½ oz. Rosemary syrup
- ¼ oz. Lime juice
- Mix all of the ingredients in the blender with plenty of ice.
- Blend to the consistency of ice cream.
- Serve frozen in a cocktail glass.
- Garnished with a sprig of rosemary.
Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 3-4 sticks fresh rosemary – or substitute 2 teaspoons dried. Heat to a gentle boil and reduce to a simmer for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Pull off the heat and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes to infuse the rosemary. Cool and strain the rosemary. The mixologists at Recuerdo created this recipe.