The Brockmans 2017 World Gin Day competition attracted entries from bars in 12 countries around the world. For the second consecutive year, Glasgow, Scotland boasts the winning concoction while four U.S.-based bartenders received honorable mention for their ‘Brocktail’ creations.
The brand’s World Gin Day Competition received 118 entries via Instagram. After five days of voting by the public through social media, the winning ‘Brocktail’ from Glasgow and two runners-up from Berlin and Moscow were selected.
Ginto the Wild by The Spiritualist in Glasgow, U.K. (pictured atop). The creator of the top finishing cocktail is Sebastian Stanczyk.
- The Flamingo Mallet by Galander Charlottenburg in Berlin, Germany – Bartender, Guilherme Kilpp Gonzatti.
- Lasy by Pinch Restaurant in Moscow, Russia – Bartender, Anton Maltsev
U.S. Honorable Mention:
- The Ocha by The Poynt in Newburyport, MA – Bartender, Brett Henderson
- The Strawberry Letter 23 by Gin Parlour in New York City – Bartender, Orion Berge
- The Gin Lulu by PIER 115 BAR AND GRILL in Edgewater, New Jersey – Bartender, Alberto Martinez
- Sunshine on a Cloudy Day by Blind Pig in Hartford, CT – Bartender, Justin Morales
Winning Recipe – Global
Ginto the Wild by The Spiritualist in Glasgow, UK
2.0 oz. Brockmans
0.5 oz. Pedro Ximenez Sherry
3 oz. smoked berry ketchup
1.5 oz. maple syrup
Foraged pine mist
Berry and sesame crisp on the side
Shake and serve straight up