National Vodka Day, Oct. 4, falls on a Monday this year. Which is a great reason to offer some inspired vodka cocktails and help guests shake up the start of the week.
Not open on Mondays? Call it Vodka Week and see if you can drum up some additional drink sales. Here are seven vodka cocktail recipes we like. (You’ll find more vodka cocktail recipes, plus a vodka feature, in the Fall issue of Cheers.)
Out of Office
- 1 ½ oz. Coconut-washed Grey Goose vodka
- 1 ½ oz. Panadan vermouth*
- ½ oz. Citric acid
- ½ oz. Simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes Orange bitters
- Lightly whip into cocktail shaker with one or two ice cubes.
- Strain over crushed ice into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with a banana leaf.
- 1 ½ oz. Ketel One vodka
- ¾ oz. Pomegranate syrup
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker.
- Fill with ice.
- Shake and strain into a glass.
- Garnish drink with 4 to 6 rose petals and a spritz of lemon zest.
A Head of Lettuce
- 2 oz. Wheatley vodka
- 1 oz. Fresh-pressed citrus juice
- 1 oz. Cane syrup
- 1 leaf Romaine lettuce
- Bar spoon Olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker tin.
- Shake for 10 seconds.
- Double strain and serve in a chilled coup.
- Garnish with salt, pepper and chili oil.
Strawberry Basil Martini
- 3 Strawberries
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 2 oz. Tito’s vodka
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of one lemon
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the strawberries with the basil and simple syrup.
- Add ice and the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Strain liquid into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
- 2 ½ oz. Grey Goose vodka
- ¼ oz. Homemade melon cordial
- ¼ oz. French melon liquor
- 3 Frozen gooseberries
- Combine ingredients and shake.
- Strain over pebble ice into highball.
- Mound ice and garnish with 3 frozen gooseberries on a long pick.
- 2 oz. Belvedere Smogóry Forest vodka
- ¼ oz. Chamomile tea
- ½ oz. Honey
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Grapefruit Peel
- Add all ingredients to mixing glass over cubed ice and stir.
- Fine strain into a rocks glass over block ice.
- Garnish with a fresh grapefruit peel twist.
Living My Best Life
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- 1 oz. Lychee syrup*
- 1 ½ oz. Vodka
- 1 ½ oz. Fever Tree elderflower tonic water
- Build in a Collins glass over cubed ice.
- Stir together.
- Garnish with an orchid flower.
4 oz. Perfect Puree lychee puree
2 oz. Simple syrup
1 oz. Giffard Lichee-Li liqueur Combine all ingredients and stir. Store at room temperature. Shelf life is 2 weeks The mixologists at Chica in Miami created this recipe