Sophie Burton is beverage director of JoJo’s Beloved Cocktail Lounge in Atlanta.
The My Offer Is Nothing cocktail is a Godfather riff. Originally just blended Scotch and Amaretto, the drink, while dessert-like, lacked depth. This cocktail is a favorite for bartenders to play with.
Dialing back the amaretto and adding Dragoncello (a tarragon liqueur) gives a few new notes, while the lemon oil and mole bitters round out this cocktail to a luxuriant savory, smokey, kiss of sweet finish.
My Offer Is Nothing
- 2 oz. Glenmorangie X Scotch
- ½ oz. Amaretto
- ¼ oz. Dragoncello
- 7 drops Bittermens mole bitters
- Lemon swath
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Add cubed ice and stir about 40 times.
- Strain into an Old Fashioned glass over a king cube.
- Garnish with a manicured lemon twist (make it look pretty!).
Looking for more What I’m Drinking Now? Check out Natalie Tapken and Chateau Simone Rosé, Ervin Machado and the Hibiscus Spiced Margarita, Rael Petit and the Painkiller, Tanya Saxena and the Promise at Dawn, and Randi Densford and the Hog Tied, among others.