It’s time to celebrate our nation’s independence with a frosty, all-American cocktail or two. You don’t have to go all red white and blue, but drinks with patriotic colors do tend to generate interest and orders, not to mention snaps for social media. Here are five relatively easy and refreshing recipes we like for the Fourth of July. And for more red, white and blue options, check out our Memorial Day cocktail roundup and 4 Drinks for the Fourth from 2020.
- 1 ½ oz. Recuerdo Joven mezcal
- ½ oz. Sweet vermouth
- 4 Raspberries
- ¼ oz. Cardamom syrup
- ¼ oz. Lime juice
- Tonic water
- Ground cardamom
- In an Old Fashioned glass gently muddle the raspberries with the lime juice, cardamom syrup and ground cardamom.
- Add ice, then the mezcal and the sweet vermouth.
- Stir lightly, and top off with tonic water.
- Garnish with peppermint.
Red, White & Duke
- 1 oz. Duke & Dame salted caramel whiskey
- ¾ oz. Hpnotiq liqueur
- ½ oz. Blue Curaçao
- Club soda
- Fresh strawberry slices
- Shake whiskey, Hypnotiq and Blue Curaçao in cocktail shake.
- Pour into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish rim with strawberry slices.
- 1 ½ oz. Strawberry-infused Crown Deluxe Canadian whisky
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ¾ oz. Honey syrup
- Sparkling wine
- Combine Strawberry-infused whisky, lemon juice and honey syrup into a shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Casa Red, White and Blue
- 1½ oz. Casamigos Blanco tequila
- 1½ oz. Fresh watermelon juice
- ¼ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Grenadine by Liber & Co.
- 1 oz. splash Soda water
- Blue Curaçao
- Add fresh watermelon juice, fresh lemon juice and grenadine directly into Collins glass.
- Fill glass with crushed or pebble ice and pack tightly.
- Add tequila, then splash of soda water.
- Top off with crushed ice and create dome like top.
- Spray Blue Curaçao over top through an atomizer.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.