1. Rim one stemmed glass with slice of orange.
2. Dip top of orange rimmed glass into a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
3. Pour shot of Ice 101 Peppermint Schnapps into another stemmed glass.
4. Warm both glasses under flame from a small oil lamp.
5. Gently tip glass toward flame to ignite Schnapps.
6. Pour flaming Schnapps back and forth between glasses, rotating to caramelize the cinnamon and sugar.
End with Schnapps in glass with caramelized rim and add cup of hot chocolate. Add splash of Bailey’s Irish Cream and lots of whipped cream.
**To make two Cocoa Lavas at once simply rim both glasses and start with a double shot of Schnapps.
This drink was created by Alan Cassell (pictured), a waiter at the 1785 Inn in North Conway, NH.