Lots of people can’t stand the thought of putting egg white in a cocktail, even though it adds a silky, luxurious texture to the drink. Aquafaba, a.k.a. chickpea brine, came out a few years ago as an egg white alternative to froth up cocktails. Now we’re hearing about burrata water — the liquid that’s left over from making burrata cheese — as a cocktail enhancer.
The folks at Sparking Ice have been promoting a Bubbly Burrata Martini that uses the brand’s Classic Lemonade flavor, along with gin, burrata water and rosemary simple syrup. The burrata water adds a creamy, savory element to this cocktail that’s one of a kind, the company says, and the splash of sparkling lemonade gives the Martini a refreshing, bubbly twist.
Want to check it out for yourself? Here’s the full recipe.
Bubbly Burrata Martini
- 2 oz. Gin
- 1 oz. Burrata water
- ¾ oz. Rosemary simple syrup
- 1 oz.-2 oz. Sparkling Ice Classic Lemonade
- Combine first three ingredients in a shaker and shake.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Top off with Sparkling Ice Classic Lemonade
- Garnish with fresh lemon and rosemary.