The legendary restaurant Tavern on the Green is not only the finishing point for the New York City Marathon, but it’s also home to the Official Cocktail of the event. The Runner’s Highball, made with bourbon, orange bitters, lemon juice, cinnamon syrup and amaretto, is a Tavern on the Green exclusive for the Nov. 5 race.
For those not drinking alcohol, there’s also an official mocktail option, The Blueberry Cooldown. It’s made with blueberry puree (1 oz.), mint simple syrup (¾ oz.) and 2 ¼ oz. coconut water for added flavor and hydration, served in a Collins glass.
Here’s the recipe for Runner’s Highball.
The Runner’s Highball
- 4 dashes Fee Bros. Fee foam
- 2 dashes Orange bitters
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Cinnamon syrup
- 1 oz. Bourbon
- 1 oz. Amaretto
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker.
- Dry shake first (to activate foam) then shake with ice.
- Pour into a rocks glass with big cube ice.
- Garnish with maraschino cherry and orange slice.