We love all types of sparkling wine all year round, but the holiday season — especially New Year’s Eve — is all about the bubbly. A sparkling wine cocktail is a great way to start the festivities, and there are plenty of creative and delicious options to choose from. Here are six recipes that we like for this year. (And for more sparkly suggestions, here’s our New Year’s drinks roundup from 2021.)
- 1 oz. Spiced strawberry syrup strawberry puree, simple syrup, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper and vanilla extract
- 5 oz. Avissi prosecco
- Whipped cream
- Mint leaves
- 2 Strawberry crème saver candies
- Add spiced strawberry to a glass flute.
- Top with prosecco, leaving half an inch of head.
- Top with whipped cream, mint leaves and unwrapped strawberry crème savers.
Spiced French 75
- 1 oz. St. George Botanivore gin
- ½ oz. St. George spiced pear liqueur
- ½ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- Dry sparkling white wine
- Add gin, liqueur and lemon juice to a mixing glass with ice.
- Shake until chilled, then strain into a flute.
- Top with chilled sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
- ½ oz. Southern Comfort
- ½ oz. Disaronno Amaretto
- ½ oz. Vodka
- Combine first three ingredients in a mixing tin.
- Shake with ice and strain into Champagne flute.
- Top with prosecco.
- Garnish with red and green apple slices and a maraschino cherry.
- 1 oz. Absolut vodka
- 1 oz. Blueberry cardamom syrup*
- 2 Dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 oz. Vermouth
- ½ oz. Orange juice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a champagne flute.
- Top off with Champagne and garnish with fresh blueberries.
Combine 1/2 a cup of sugar with 1/2 a cup of water in a small sauce pan.
Add whole cardamom and blueberries.
Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves completely or about 30 minutes.
Strain the mixture and let it cool completely. The mixologists at 2PinkSquirrels in Minneapolis-St. Paul created this recipe.
Pomegranate French 75
- 1 part Gin
- ½ part Pomegranate juice
- ¼ part Lemon juice
- ¼ part Simple syrup
- Top with Mumm Napa Brut Prestige sparkling wine
- Add ice, gin, juices, and simple syrup to cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Pour into coupe glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- 1 ½ oz. Zacapa No.23 rum
- ½ oz. Fino sherry
- 1 oz. Lime juice
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 1 dash Amaro
- Top with Champagne
- Shake and double strain into a coupe glass.
- Top with Champagne of choice.
- Flavor blast with citrus smoke and serve.