June is Pride month, and a great time to roll out your most impressive cocktails. What makes a good Pride cocktail? Color, flavor, garnish — anything that helps the drink stand out and radiate love and acceptance. Here are eight recipes we like for 2022.
- 1 ½ oz. Empress gin
- ½ oz. Berentzen peach liqueur
- ¼ oz. Contratto Bitter
- ¾ oz. Peach Lapsang syrup
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake, serve over crushed ice.
- Garnish with candied hibiscus flower and rainbow paper straw.
- ½ part Chambord
- ¾ part Finlandia vodka
- 1 part Passion fruit juice
- ¼ part Lime juice
- ¼ part Sugar syrup
- Top with prosecco
- Combine ingredients, except prosecco, in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of passion fruit
Dole Whip Float
- ¾ cup Frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ cup Vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup Pineapple juice adjust as needed
- 2 tbsps. Cold cream cheese
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 bottle Orange cream soda
- 1 ½ oz. Koloa Kauai White Rum
- Blend ice cream, pineapple chunks, salt and cream cheese together.
- Slowly add the pineapple juice until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- Fill glass halfway with ice and white rum.
- Add orange cream soda leaving room for Dole Whip.
- Pipe Dole Whip to the top and add more orange soda as needed.
- Garnish with a pineapple fan and chunks.
Aloe You Longtime
- 1 ½ oz. Roku Japanese gin
- ½ oz. St. Elder elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz. Watermelon syrup*
- ½ oz. Lemon juice
- ½ oz. Aloe water
- 1 Cucumber
- Add gin, liqueur, watermelon syrup, lemon juice and aloe water into a shaker.
- Shake together to emulsify.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Top with aloe water.
- Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber and fresh cracked pepper.
- 1 ½ tbsps. Ripe blueberries
- Pinch of dried lavender
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- ¾ oz. Simple syrup
- 2 oz. King St. vodka
- Add sparking wine to top the cocktail
- Muddle blueberries (if using frozen let thaw first).
- Add lavender, lemon juice, syrup and vodka.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coup.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- 1 part Grey Goose vodka
- 8 Green grapes
- 2 parts French sauvignon blanc
- 1 ½ parts Elderflower syrup
- ½ part Fresh lemon juice
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients.
- Muddle and add ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with grapes on a pick.
The Butterfly Effect
- 1 ½ oz. Suntory Roku Japanese gin
- ½ oz. Lemongrass syrup
- ½ oz. Fresh ginger syrup
- ¾ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- Butterfly pea tea infused with jasmine to float
- Combine all ingredients, except for the butterfly jasmine tea.
- Shake and strain over ice into a Collins glass.
- Top with pebble ice and add a float of butterfly jasmine tea.
- Garnish with fresh lemongrass and candied ginger.
- 1 oz. Herbal gin
- ¼ oz. Apricot liqueur
- ½ oz. Jasmine Pearl tea syrup
- ¾ oz. Lemon juice
- ¾ oz. Cocchi Americano
- 3 dashes Yuzu juice
- 1 dash Absente Absinthe
- Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a copper mug with pebble ice.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and floral sprig.