To qualify as a Bottled in Bond whiskey, the expression must be made by one distillery in a single season, must be bottled at 100 proof (50% abv) and must be aged at least four years in a federally bonded warehouse.
The Laws team released their first Bonded Four Grain Bourbon in 2016. Six years later, the brand prepares to release batch #6 of their Bonded Four Grain Bourbon and batch #3 of their Bonded San Luis Valley Rye.
The 2022 Bonded Releases
Bottled in Bond 8 year Four Grain Straight Bourbon Whiskey – Batch #6
Laws’ sixth release of their Bonded Four Grain Bourbon is one of the oldest bourbons to be released from the distillery and is composed of two separate batches. One batch is from the spring season of 2013, marked with batch code #6-S, and the other is from the fall season of the same year, marked with batch code #6-F.
- Batch #6-S of Laws’ Bonded Four Grain was distilled in the spring of 2013 and is a marriage of 18 barrels with an average maturation time of 8 years and 5 months
- Batch #6-F of the Bonded Four Grain was distilled in the fall of 2013 and features 9 barrels with an average maturation time of 8 years and 2 months
- According to the company, you can expect aromas of orange blossom, toffee, and apricot jam on the nose. On the tongue, those notes melt to brown butter and dates, leaving a dry finish with hints of sandalwood.
- Mash bill: 60% corn, 20% heirloom wheat, 10% heirloom rye, 10% heirloom malted barley
Bottled in Bond 7 year San Luis Valley Straight Rye Whiskey – Batch #3
- Batch #3 of Laws’ Bonded San Luis Valley Straight Rye is a marriage of 23 barrels distilled in the fall season of 2014 with a total maturation time of 7 years and 1 month
- According to the company, you can expect notes of cherry cola and black currant on the nose, followed by flavors of hazelnut, green mango, melon and serrano pepper. The whiskey finishes with star anise and sage flavors.
- Mash bill: 95% heirloom rye, 5% heirloom barley
Al Laws, founder, said, “We’re excited to be on this journey of Laws’ commitment to creating exceptional Bottled in Bond whiskey, and it will continue to be a lead mark in the Laws Whiskey portfolio in years to come. We hope you enjoy these two special whiskeys as much as we do and we are grateful to everyone who joins us on our journey.”
The latest offerings in the brand’s Bonded portfolio will be available in key markets across the country starting April 2022 for a suggested retail price of $79.99 per 750-ml. bottle.