Time to ring in a new year and hope that 2022 is not as tumultuous as the past two years. New Year’s Eve (and Day) cocktails don’t have to include Champagne, of course. But we we tend to prefer it when they do sparkle. Here are seven cocktails we like to bid 2021 farewell. (And if you’d like more bobbly recipes, here’s our New Year’s drinks roundup from 2020.)
- ½ oz. Elderflower liqueur
- 2 drops Orange water
- Splash cranberry juice
- Sparkling wine
- Rim a Champagne flute halfway with sugar.
- Build ingredients in glass.
- Garnish with a fresh cranberry and rosemary sprig.
The Golden Fizz
- 4 oz. Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial Champagne
- 2 oz. Ginger tumeric tea
- 5 oz. Honey syrup
- 5 oz. Lemon juice
- 4 drops Cardamom bitters
- Build ingredients in a wine glass.
- Add ice and gently stir with a bar spoon.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lemon wheel.
- 2 oz. Tequila
- ¾ oz. Cointreau
- ¾ oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- Blood orange soda
- Add tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and rosemary sprig into a shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Fine strain over ice in a highball glass.
- Finish with blood orange soda and garnish.
- 1 ½ oz. Ketel One Grapefruit Rose botanical vodka
- ½ oz. St. Germaine elderflower liqueur
- ½ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- Top with Faire La Fête Brut sparkling wine
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine to a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Hawaiian New Year’s Cocktail
- 4 oz. Koloa Kauai Reserve rum
- 4 oz. Passion fruit juice
- 2 oz. Passion fruit syrup
- 1 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. Pineapple gum syrup
- 4-6 dashes Tiki bitters Bittermen’s brand
- Prosecco sparkling wine or Brut Champagne
- For two servings: Combine all the cocktail ingredients up to bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Place a large ice cube (or large ice square) into 2 glasses then fill 2/3 of the way with the cocktail.
- Top with prosecco or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with fresh passion fruit halves.
- 2 Fresh whole plums or figs
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ½ cup Cavit prosecco
- Muddle one fig with the brown sugar.
- Add bourbon and ice cubes and shake to combine.
- Strain into a glass over ice and top with prosecco.
- Garnish with fresh fig.
Just In Thyme
- ½ oz. Black Button Distilling citrus-forward gin
- 1 oz. Thyme syrup
- For thyme syrup, combine equal parts sugar and boiling water with fresh thyme.
- Steep for 20 minutes, strain and cool.
- For cocktail, combine gin and thyme syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into Champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with a few cranberries. (For extra bling, rim glass with edible glue and edible glitter.)
Far From the Tree
- 1 ½ parts Redemption Rye whiskey
- 2 parts Apple cider
- 2 parts Prosecco
- ½ part Lemon juice
- Barspoon Cardamom honey
- For cardamom honey add 5-10 cardamom pods to a ratio of 1:1 honey and water.
- Heat on low until honey is dissolved in water and cardamom is fragrant.
- Let sit for a few hours to cool.
- Ƒor cocktail, shake all ingredients except prosecco with ice.
- Pour into a Champagne flute.
- Top with prosecco.