Of all the holidays, Cheers probably gets the most recipes for Halloween. Maybe because it’s becoming more of an adult holiday and therefore suitable for adult beverages. Or maybe it’s because mixologists can have fun with the drink names, ingredients and garnishes. Whatever the reason, we get a bunch of recipes every Halloween season. Here are nine that we like for 2021.
Spooky & Spicy
- 1 oz. Absente Absinthe Refined
- 1 oz. Lime
- 1 ½ oz. Simple syrup
- 1 ½ oz. Pineapple
- 2 drops Hellfire bitters
- Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with fresh orange peel.
Curtis Bernadeau, beverage director at The Orchard Room in New York, created this recipe.
Vampires Of Perthshire
- 2 oz. Aberfeldy 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch whisky
- ¼ oz. Apple cider syrup
- ¼ oz. Averna
- 2 dashes Orange bitters
- Add all ingredients to a glass and stir.
- Express oil of an orange peel and garnish.
The mixologists at Aberfeldy created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Koloa Gold rum
- 4 oz. Tart cherry juice
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- ½ oz. Simple syrup
- 4 oz. Soda water
- Add ingredients (except soda water) into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 20 seconds until shaker is frosty.
- Strain ingredients into a glass with ice.
- Top with soda water and stir.
- For an extra spooky effect, use dry ice as garnish.
The mixologists at Koloa created this recipe.
- 1 oz. Vanilla vodka
- 1 oz. White chocolate liqueur
- ½ oz. Frangelico
- Combine ingredients in shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into Martini glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
The mixologists at Crooked Branch bar at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa created this recipe.
Trick or Treat
- ½ parts Ancho Reyes chile liqueur
- 1 ½ parts Wild Turkey 101
- 2 dashes Aromatic bitters
- 1 bar spoon Pumpkin pie syrup
- Combine ingredients in double rocks glass.
- Add large ice cube and stir.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
The mixologists at Ancho Reyes created this recipe.
- 1 ½ oz. Casamigos Blanco tequila
- 1 ½ oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. Fresh pineapple juice
- ½ oz. Fresh lemon juice
- Black lava salt/sugar rim 2:1 ratio
- Wet ½ rim of coupe glass with lemon wedge or wheel and dip into salt mixture.
- Combine all other ingredients into tin shaker.
- Add ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into rimmed coupe glass.
- Add fresh ice and garnish with 1-2 black faux spiders.
The mixologists at Casamigos created this recipe.