The fast-growing wine brand 90+ Cellars will bring back its Collector Series, a line of limited-edition, one-off wines that highlight appellations in California and Oregon.
Meant to compliment the every-day-priced wines in the 90+ Cellars portfolio, the fall 2020 collection features five bottlings. Company-provided tasting notes are as follows:
- Lot 190 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir — This pinot noir is grown within grasp of California’s northern coast. Herbal and spice aromas blend with notes of strawberry and blueberry. This wine is medium-bodied and silky in texture with a freshness that accentuates its perfumed flavors. (SRP $19.99)
- Lot 192 Mountain Cuvée — A Bordeaux blend, this wine contains 55% cabernet sauvignon, 20% cabernet franc, 20% merlot and 5% petit verdot. Aromas of red currant, cassis, plum and violet lead into an array of fruity, herbal and floral notes on the palate. (SRP $29.99)
- Lot 193 Eola-Amity Hills Pinot Noir — Up to 25% whole clusters and a year of French oak maturation. In each glass, perfumed black cherry and plum aromas blend with hints of wet stone and soft oak. (SRP $19.99)
- Lot 194 Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon — Matured in French oak for nearly two years, this mountain cabernet is full-bodied yet smooth. There is fruitiness alongside flavors of dried flower petals, vanilla and tobacco. (SRP $34.99)
- Lot 195 Oakville Cabernet Sauvignon — Matured in French Oak for 18-20 months, this cabernet from Napa Valley’s Oakville AVA shows aromas of black cherry and cassis, along with vanilla and plums. An age-worthy wine. (SRP $34.99)
These five wines usher in a new look for the reimagined Collector Series. Designed to more authentically represent the regions from which they are sourced, each label features photography captured by a local photographer. So far, the collection highlights work from photographers Christopher Harrison (California) and Carolyn Wells-Kramer (Oregon).