Napa Valley winery Sterling Vineyards celebrates its fourth year as the Official Wine Sponsor of the 71st Emmy Awards Season. On televsion’s biggest night—the Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday Sept. 22—Sterling will serve nominees and guests a selection of classic Napa Valley wines, including luxury tier 2015 Sterling Vineyards Platinum Cabernet Sauvignon and ultra-limited flagship 2015 Sterling Vineyards Iridium Cabernet Sauvignon.
At the Governors Ball—the official Emmy after party—guests are expected to sip, toast and enjoy more than 1,500 bottles of wine with 30,000 small plates of gourmet food. What will attendees be noshing on?
Chef Joachim Splichal of the Patina Group, the Emmys official caterer,has curated an extensive menu to complement wines from Sterling Vineyards. Pairings to accompany the 10,000 glasses of wine poured will include:
- Sterling Vineyards 2017 Napa Valley chardonnay with paella Valenciana, chicken croquettes, and tomato tartar.
- Sterling Vineyards 2017 Napa Valley sauvignon blanc with Maine lobster and burrata and yellow sashimi.
- Sterling Vineyards 2016 Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon with red-wine-braised short rib.
- Sterling Vineyards 2015 Platinum cabernet sauvignon with Nick + Stef’s infamous sliders and Kobe meatballs.
- Sterling Vineyards 2015 Iridium cabernet sauvignon, the second vintage of the brand’s rare wine is rich textured with polished tannins and notes of burnt plum, black cherry, caramel toffee and espresso on the lengthy finish.
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards will honor the best in U.S. prime time television programming from June 1, 2018 until May 31, 2019, as chosen by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. HBO’s Game of Thrones leads the 2019 Emmys with 32 nominations, including Best Drama Series. Here’s a bonus cocktail recipe celebrating the series from the folks at Skyy.
Winter Is Here
1 ½ oz. Skyy vodka
¾ oz. Fresh lemon juice
¾ oz. Simple syrup
¾ oz. Cream
½ oz. Frangelico
Hard shake and pour ingredients into fizz glass.