French wine producer Domaine Philippe Colin has named Cape Classics as the brand’s exclusive importer in the United States.
Fourteen wines from the 2014 vintage will hit U.S. shelves in April. They will be distributed by Cape Classics’s partners nationwide.
Cape Classics has in recent time expanded beyond its traditional focus on South African wines. The deal with Domaine Philippe Colin is further expansion of the importer’s growing French portfolio, specifically in the region of Burgundy.
“In reviewing our long-standing U.S. business in the wake of the many changes taking place, I felt that it was time to find our way back to a more traditional import partner,” said Philippe Colin (pictured above), Proprietor and Winemaker at Domaine Philippe Colin, in a press release.
“Cape Classics seemed a good choice for our business, not only because they have made a very successful entré into the importation of French wines to the U.S., but they are also perfectly positioned to champion the launch of Topiary, our new South African winery project in the United States,” Colin added.
Domaine Philippe Colin was founded by Michel Colin, Philippe’s father, who can trace his Chassagne-Montrachet lineage back to the 1850’s, the company says, when the Michel Colin-Deléger settled in the appellation. Over a century later, Michel Colin established his winery in 1987.
Today, the estate spans 30 acres primarily in the Chassagne-Montrachet area, but also in Santenay, Puligny-Montrachet and Saint-Aubin.
The current list of wines in the portfolio is as follows (SRPs subject to change):
• Domaine Philippe Colin Bourgogne Chardonnay 2014 – $34.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Saint-Aubin 1°Cru Les Combes 2014 – $64.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Saint-Aubin 1°Cru Le Charmois 2014 – $64.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 2014 – $59.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1°Cru Les Chaumées 2014 – $89.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1°Cru Les Vergers 2014 – $109.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1°Cru La Maltroie 2014 – $109.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1°Cru Les Chenevottes 2014 – $109.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1°Cru Clos St Jean 2014 – $89.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chevalier-Montrachet 2014 – $424.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2014 – $31.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chênes 2014 – $59.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Santenay 1° Cru Les Gravières 2014 – $59.99
• Domaine Philippe Colin Chassagne 1° Cru Morgeot 2014 – $79.99
Cape Classics will begin taking orders immediately for the upcoming 2014 vintage, with plans to honor previous allocations. For more information, visit capeclassics.com.