To mark the 80th anniversary of the repeal of prohibition in 1933 on Dec. 5, Time magazine issued a list of 80 reasons “why drinking alcohol is the greatest.” As beverage alcohol industry professionals, Cheers readers hardly need to be sold on the benefits of beer, wine and spirits, but it’s a fun assessment of why folks like to imbibe (responsibly, of course!).
Here are our five favorite reasons:
1) Because, let’s be honest, your day was kind of “meh” and could use something to spice it up.
2) For experiential learners, consuming an aged drink is like tasting history.
3) A well-timed drink helps you chill out. Take the trusty advice of beer brewer (and President) Thomas Jefferson: “Beer, if drunk in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes happiness.”
4) Alcohol is a crucial component to every book club or fantasy league.
5) Because your OKCupid date definitely doesn’t look like the picture.Read the full article here.