Just in time for Oktoberfest celebrations, online dating service Zoosk released a study on what beer choices say about dating preferences and personality. Here are some highlights from the “brews clues” survey of more than 2,800 single beer drinkers conducted in September—perhaps you can use the infomation to help single guests match up.
• Domestic beer drinkers are the most likely to be looking for marriage (20%). They tend to be traditional and prefer dinner and movie as a first date and they don’t like public displays of affection.
• Microbrew drinkers are more risky when it comes to love: 31% of men who prefer microbrews say they’re looking for a fun date, but nothing long-term; they’re also the most likely to have had a one-night stand. Microbrew drinkers prefer outdoor adventures, like kayaking or hiking, for a first date.
• Ultra-light beer drinker make good mates. They prefer romantic evenings, like to talk about their life goals, and have been in the highest percentage of long-term relationships on average at 75%. Ultra-light beer drinkers are also the most likely to be self-proclaimed homebodies (37%).
• Import drinkers are more reserved. Those sipping on an import are least likely to have had a one-night stand (and the most likely to still be a virgin, on average, at 4%). These introverts prefer dogs to cats and say they’re often dreaming about their next vacation.
• Light beer drinkers are family-friendly. Most (92%) of light beer sippers surveyed are open to dating someone with kids, and 64% can be found spending time with family and friends on the weekend.