Jameson Irish Whiskey has announced the continuation of its series of cooperative projects with craft beer brewers.
The 2016 Jameson Caskmates Drinking Buddies is a collaboration with seven American craft brewers. Returning breweries include Angel City Brewery in Los Angeles, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company in New York, Deep Ellum Brewing Company in Dallas, and Great Divide Brewing Company in Denver. Rounding out the final three collaborating breweries are Stoup Brewing in Seattle, Cycle Brewing in Tampa, and Fat Head’s Brewing in Cleveland.
The program was inspired by Jameson Caskmates (pictured atop), a whiskey launched last year that was born out of collaboration with the Irish craft brewery, Franciscan Well. Jameson then took a similar approach and worked with the seven more breweries by giving them Jameson barrels to age their craft beer for a select period of time.
This produces limited-edition beers featuring flavor notes of Jameson Irish Whiskey.
“Jameson Irish Whiskey has always taken pride in celebrating those who share the same passion and focus when it comes to their craft,” says Sona Bajaria, Vice President, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Pernod Ricard USA, in a press release.
Each Jameson inspired craft beer will be available in their respective market for a limited time only. These beers are:
- Angel City Brewery Imperial Irish Red Ale
- Captain Lawrence Brewing Company Trans-Atlantic Imperial Red
- Deep Ellum Brewing Company The Fascinating Bellman
- Great Divide Brewing Company The Smoothness
- Stoup Brewing Dublin Down Imperial Red Ale
- Cycle Brewing Buddy Shots
- Fat Heads Brewing Strange Trip Barrel Aged Imperial Stout